Job title: Intern – Field (Environmental Science Co-op) – Quincy, MA
Company: Apex Companies
Job description: Celebrating 23 years, Environmental Partners (EP), an Apex Company, is an award-winning multidisciplinary engineering and consulting firm. EP has received over a dozen ACEC/MA Engineering Excellence Awards and in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021 was named to the Zweig Group Hot Firm List which recognizes “the 100 fastest-growing architecture, engineering, planning, and environmental consulting firms in the United States and Canada. These firms have outperformed the economy and competitors to become leaders in their chosen fields.” While headquartered in Quincy, Massachusetts, EP has 3 regional offices including Woburn serving the North Shore and Southern New Hampshire, Hyannis Serving Cape Cod and the Islands, and Middletown Connecticut serving Connecticut and Western Massachusetts. EP provides a broad range of services to municipal, commercial, industrial, and institutional clients including:
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Drinking Water
- Emergency Management Services
- GIS & Asset Management
- Owner’s Project Management (OPM)
- Traffic & Transportation
A co-op student’s work will be related to drinking water, hazardous waste, GIS, solid waste and storm water projects. A co-op will also be exposed to other areas of environmental science related to wastewater and transportation.
Types of work encountered will include new source water supply, stormwater MS4 permitting and landfill assessments, including soil and groundwater sampling and documentation; and environmental permitting. This work is divided into office and fieldwork (approximately 50/50). Fieldwork would include sampling, field note documentation, construction observations (pump testing), and environmental monitoring. The type of work and extent of responsibility depends mainly on the aptitude of the student but is also affected by the time of year and current project schedule.
- Conduct fieldwork related to drilling oversight, stormwater mapping and sampling, groundwater, surface water and landfill gas sampling and water supply pump testing.
- Perform calculations and evaluations on pump tests, water quality results and landfill data
- Interpret and present data and perform database management.
- Prepare work plans and reports
- Perform other environmental tasks such as the manipulation of GIS data and creation of figures presenting data analysis
- Interact with colleagues, clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and GIS mapping software (Esri products)
- Must possess solid technical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER health and safety training certificate (with an up-to-date 8-hr annual refresher course certification) are desirable, but not required.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Location: Quincy, MA
Job date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 05:40:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!