Job title: Packaging Engineer Co-op
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job description: Job Description
Manufacturing Packaging Engineer Co-op
What You’ll Get to Do:
As a Packaging Engineering Co-op you will work in a manufacturing environment that develops a wide variety of plastic lab ware products from concept to launch.
You’ll be able to collaborate with product design engineers, process development engineers, other packaging engineers, quality engineers and project leaders, operations leaders to develop and improve packaging for consumable plastic products used in life science, medical device, laboratory, diagnostic and consumer product markets.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a Co-op mentor in a manufacturing environment that will allow you to learn product development methods and grow your packaging engineering knowledge.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- Partner with Great Coworkers: Participate on cross functional project teams to develop new products and manufacturing processes. Present packaging design concepts and test results at technical reviews. Work with your Co-op mentor on specific engineering assignments.
- New Package Design: Collaborate with project teams and external suppliers to brainstorming new concepts for packaging components. Complete technical feasibility and cost assessments. Create detailed packaging component drawings and engineering change requests.
- Packaging Engineering Standards: Help to create and implement packaging engineering design guides, test standards and sustainability guidelines.
- Equipment Selection: Assist in the selection of a range of standard packaging equipment and obtain quotes from suppliers.
- Verification and Validation Testing: Conduct process qualifications of new equipment to medical device standards. Coordinate packaging ship tests per industrial standards and document results with detailed technical reports.
- Currently enrolled in a Packaging or Mechanical engineering Bachelors Degree program
- Ability to create basic packaging component drawings. Solid Works is preferred.
- Knowledge of packaging transportation test methods (ISTA or ASTM).
- Experience with basic data analysis and statistics to analysis part measurement data.
- Knowledge of CAPE PACK program is desirable.
- Strong PC skills, proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Willing to travel domestically approximately 10%
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Creative, innovative and critical thinking
- Analytical nature, responds positively to challenges and a problem solver
- Responsive, results oriented and task driven
- Self-directed, well-organized with ability to manage multiple assignments
- Excellent documentation, planning and organizational skills
Who We Are
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $24 billion and 70,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. Visit .
What We Do
We serve science and medicine like no other. Our customers help patients and do research with a variety of products such as general lab ware, ionized water, bioproduction, high-end injectables, and ocular medicine with some of the largest drug manufacturers across the globe. For others, we provide a consumer product line of well known Nalgene® water bottles.
About : Ranked by MSN as the #1 Most Livable Bargain Markets in the US, Rochester is a great place for a new college graduate. With low housing costs and a vibrant downtown full of arts and culture, it’s an ideal place to gain world class career experience while you pay down your students loans and enjoy your post-college years.
Conveniently located within a 400 mile radius of 14 northeastern states, Rochester is the western gateway to the fabulous Finger Lakes Region, the Adirondacks, and other scenic byways. If you’re looking for a thriving career in an affordable city, you will find it at Thermo Fisher Scientific in Rochester.
Other “Best of Lists” for Rochester:
Smart and Innovative:
- The Daily Beast – One of the
(2010) * Business Insider –
(Feb 2013) * Fast Company – One of the
Living and Culture:
- CNN Money –
” (Jul 2014) * MSN –
” (Jul 2011) * Rochester Biz – Health care costs are among the lowest in the country,
- Forbes –
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation.
Internship & Apprenticeship
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Location: Rochester, NY
Job date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 08:28:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!