Job title: Physician – Pediatrics – Division Chief, General Pediatrics & Community Health at Baystate Health
Company: Baystate Health
Job description: Baystate Health, western Massachusettsï¿½ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School ï¿½ Baystate, is seeking a Pediatrician to serve as Division Chief of General Pediatrics & Community Health for our organization in western Massachusetts.
Practice Highlights ï¿½
Lead our team of 13 physicians and APPs within a culture of interdisciplinary learning, academic curiosity, and mutual respect to promote wellness, growth, equity, and education in all interactions throughout our ACO primary care practice and resident Continuity Clinic in Springfield MA
- Collaborate with community partners and our ACO to address the social determinants of health in our community and provide excellent, evidence-based, compassionate, trauma-sensitive care that meets the medical, developmental and emotional needs of our patients and their families.
- Develop the next generation of clinicians by delivering comprehensive education to pediatric residents, medical students and other learners in a setting that models excellent and innovative population-based care to promote health equity through community collaboration, advocacy, outreach, and community engaged research.
- Serve a diverse patient multilingual population many of whom are not native English speaking. Our practice has interpreters on site, and fluency in medical Spanish is a plus.
- Baystate Childrenï¿½s Hospital is a Level II Pediatric Trauma Center with 107-beds and includes the regionï¿½s only PICU and NICU, as well as pediatric inpatient services, child life specialists, a designated 24-hour pediatric ED and services from 11 pediatric subspecialties, pediatric surgery and child psychiatry.
Division Chief Role-
- Guide the clinical and academic mission and continued growth of this well-established division.
- Work closely with our ACO to provide evidence-based, community focused, population-based health care.ï¿½ The division chief will be part of the ACO management team.
- Faculty appointment to the UMass Chan Medical School-Baystate (preferably Associate Professor or higher).
Our medical school has an innovative Population-based Urban and Rural Community Health (PURCH) program that integrates their medical education into our community.
- Baystate Health has an Institute for Healthcare Delivery and Population Science which supports clinical and community-based research.
- Located in the Five-Colleges area with many cultural and educational opportunities.
- Surrounded by rural and farming communities of Western Massachusetts offering a wide variety of outdoor recreational activities.
- Easy access to Boston, New York City, the summer cultural mecca of the Berkshires, Cape Cod and ski and wilderness areas of Northern New England.
Qualifications:ï¿½ ABP BC in pediatrics.ï¿½ 7+ yearsï¿½ experience with evidence of progressive management responsibilities and leadership in an academic department.ï¿½ Experience with population health is very beneficial.ï¿½ Demonstrable record of collaboration, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, enthusiasm for medical education and mentoring junior faculty and ability to engage a broad base of potential stakeholders to work towards a shared vision.ï¿½
For more information please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
ï¿½ PandoLogic. Category: Healthcare, Keywords: Pediatric Surgeon00 – 0Full-Time
Job date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 06:33:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!